Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Small town boy

I had to get out of that damn hospital room. I was sick of waiting for someone to see my little girl and tell us what was going on with her. I was pretty confidant that it wasn't anything major and that she would be fine. I just can't stand the waiting. I went outside to relax and smoke a Black and Mild Whine cigar. As I puffed on my black and looked at some of the St. Louis city buildings I couldn't help but think how cool it looked. It was in that moment that I realized that the saying is true. You can take the boy out of the small town, but you can't take the small town out of the boy.

I've lived in St. Louis for ten years which is the majority of my adult life. Yet I'm still in awe of the big city atmosphere at times. The buildings. The clubs. The art. The sports arenas. The ability to go watch some of my favorite wrestlers at the Scottrade Center. I sometimes still have to remind myself that this is my home. This is where my heart is that's for sure. My girls are here.

As I thought Chloe is going to be just fine. She's sleeping peacefully as I type this blog. She has an ear infection and with the meds should be better in a week or so.

God Bless,

Big Fletch

No comments:

Post a Comment