Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Confront

It seems to me that most people tend to think that people who don't avoid confrontation enjoy confrontation. As a person who's not afraid to tell the truth and confront people when I feel they need to be made aware of their actions or behavior I can tell you in all honesty I don't enjoy it.

I resent the fact that most people aren't honest and big enough to just be real. I find myself being backed into a corner and forced to confront people who no one else will. People enable others behavior by not confronting them about it.

I'm blunt. That's just how God made me. I try real hard not to hurt people's feelings but I have a hard time pretending sometimes. If someone asks me a direct question about how I feel I really don't want to lie just to keep from hurting their feelings. We all have feelings and we all get them hurt at times. Don't we all get over our hurt feelings at the same time? Our society has become obsessed with political correctness and "feelings". Can't we all just admit when our feelings get hurt and get over it? I don't know. I can. Maybe I'm abnormal.

All this being said I will confront you if I feel I need to. That's not a threat. It's a promise. It's just who I am.

God Bless,

Big Fletch

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Thanksgiving week brings out the blogger in Fletch! (having some days off can do that) I envy you and people who are direct, something I'm not the best at.
    Always throw this into the mix though too: "a gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" Prov 15:1. We don't always have to go to the mattresses (just sometimes)
    Peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i love reading the Flogs...i hate it when blogs don't update regularly,(why I don't have one!) so this has been groovey

    ReplyDelete