Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

From Dlyan to 3113....to Thinking....

What's up ya'll? Your boy Big Fletch has been on his grind for a while now. I've been putting in overtime on ish! At work that is....at yeah. That counter top place. I've been trying to squeeze in some music work when I can. It's easier to make beats with little time then it is to write songs. I've got the beats I need for first Fletch Dylan album: Ready 2 Live. I may have a couple things recorded for that. Scratch versions of an intro and the title track for those wondering. 3113 is the next Rhyme Commission project. It is a project too. My own idea is kinda intimidating from a writing standpoint. Being the huge Rush fan that I am I found myself very inspired by their album 2112. I thought to myself "why not do a rap version?" And that's how 3113 was born. It started as a tribute to 2112 and then the concept just evolved into it's own thing. You'll have to buy the album to hear what I mean. Jay Money aka Po Safe Beats and I got together last week to put together a beat list for 3113. We drank a few Fletchweisers and came up with a nice list of beats that were perfect for this project. I have the basic "chapters" of the story in my head and a rough outline down but I haven't started writing the songs. I hope to take a few days off of work soon to work on some writing. I have the perfect spot.......minus the giant spiders. We have a storage room in the basement/laundry room of our apartment with just enough room for a tiny man cave area. Armed with a neon Stag sign, some Punisher action figures, The Watchmen stuff, and a super sweet little GE Tape/AM FM radio your boy is ready to write! Already bought some blank cassette tapes from Walgreen's. That's right. They still have them. And I promptly made a 3113 beat tape for the Fletch Cave! I've also been able to enjoy my homie Dawhud's Dub Styles: Walkman Redemption mixtape, and an old cassette mixtape by DJ Crucial. Aww.....hip-hop. How I love thee. Oh and that's not to mention the record deal. Luped Up records wants to sign me as their first artist. So the name of that project is Thinking.....(outside the box). Only one confirmed release date on all these projects. 3113 on 3-1-13.

1 comment: